Sunday, April 25, 2010

Saturday Mornings

I adore my honey but as an only child I find myself relishing the moments alone with my thoughts. Saturday morning is MY time, rather ME time. Every other Saturday I go Buff Natural Nail Bar. As a side note Buff is "green" nail salon where the nail technicians are golden, the coffee/tea/snacks are sublime and the neck wraps are heavenly. If you live in the North Carolina Triad make an appointment today. Back to me. ME mornings involve breakfast at Panera which may last less than an hour but can make the majority the the week's drama disappear. It's me, a book and this delicious breakfast.It's so simple: egg, with a little pepper and Vermont cheddar on Ciabatta bread. Yum, yum, yum, nosh, nosh, nosh. I eat this along with Panera's fresh squeezed OJ. In my opinion, this is perfection. Not just the meal but the entire experience. My Saturday mornings usually include an early morning workout but on this birthday weekend, just me, my book and my Panera breakfast.

I had a hair appointment this Saturday and I knew I'd be hungry after so I picked up a snack. I've been reading Healthy Tipping Point and Caitlin, the author, has a slight obsession with pumpkin. Consequently, she has me wanting to try recipes that call for the big orange ball. I totally understand the pull of pumpkin but I only seem to enjoy it around Thanksgiving and Christmas when people are making pumpkin bread like crazy. Today I noticed that Panera sold a Pumpkin Muffie. Everything at Panera is yummy so I didn't hesistate to try one. Let's just say that I wish I bought three. O-M-G! So delicious, moist and in a word - perfection. Somehow Panera found a way to merge a pumpkin muffin with a cookie. It's a little oily as you can tell from the bag, but if you're out and want a snack - pick it up. By the way, it's 270 calories so if you're a counter please take that into consideration.

Please ignore the car mess. I attacked the muffie as soon as I left the salon.

Monday is the beginning of week 2, yes, I'm still on week 2 of Insanity. My back seems to be okay and my cardiovascular system appears to be back on point. It's time to keep pushing play and this time I hope to hit it nonstop. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment