Monday, April 26, 2010

Frozen meal challenge

In an effort to clean the out the freezer I am embarking on a frozen meal lunch challenge. My challenge is to see if the frozen meals will keep me full until my next major meal which is usually dinner. This challenge may prove difficult because I work T/TH/F nights but I'll cross and write about that bridge when I get to it.

Today's review will be the Healthy Choice Tortellini Primivera Parmeasan.
For only 220 calories I enjoyed a portion controlled meal that was pretty darn good. The carrots tasted like carrots, the zucchini wasn't mushy and the whole grain pasta was cheese filled. Overall, I would buy it again. I noshed on my fruit for dessert. Here's the description from their website: Healthy Choice.

This four-cheese-stuffed tortellini features whole-grain pasta, julienne carrots, and red pepper strips. We've tossed in Chardonnay wine and extra virgin olive oil, and finished it off with Parmesan cheese to bring out the flavor that's sure to please any palate.

Oh, I don't count Weight Watcher's points but according to the HC website, it's a 4 point meal. Considering their competition, that's a nice touch.

So, it's 5:11 and I'm starving. If I don't bring something extra I will be a grumpy goose when I make it to my 5-9 job tomorrow night. Off for another slice of "turkey" quiche.

No comments:

Post a Comment