Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Healthy Mistake

Before I go into the details of day two of my frozen food challenge let's recap my return to Insanity.
  • Last night signaled the return of the 40 minute heart attack.
  • Honey cussed out Shaun T and his wretched ways. He swore the 30 second break was actually 15.
  • I jumped higher and harder than ever before and I truly thought I was going to die.
  • Having two weeks off is not smart. I need to work out some part of my body at least 4-5 days a week to not shock my body. I swear, a third arm emerged from my body and smacked me silly.

It was Power Cardio and Resistance and in truth, it's the devil. Give me Pure Cardio anytime.

My healthy mistake involved eating Healthy Choice (HC) Tomato Basil Penne - yuck yuck yuck. I'm sorry, HC, but this particular dish needs to be removed from the line. Yes, vegetarians are happy to have a dish that clearly screams, "There ain't no meat in me!" but can you make it taste good? Allow me to present before:

And after:

I swear, I ate more than I should but I was hungry. First off, can HC at least make the disk look like the box? The red sauce wasn't in there. There was more clumped up cheese and basil (which I generally love) than anything else. I should have known not to give this dish a second chance. I tried it several months ago and I wasn't thrilled. But seriously, how can anyone go wrong with pasta and marinara sauce? The biggest surprise is that I usually bring one frozen meal a week and HC usually delivers. To put it plainly, don't buy it. HC can take their 280 calories and shove it! In my desperation to not go to the school cafeteria (that's an entirely different blog. If you haven't, read: Fed Up With Lunch) I succumbed to delving into the snacks I keep on hand for after school meetings. I ate two chocolate chip cookies. You know, those cookies didn't seem as satisfying as they did a few months ago. Ladies and gentlemen, it appears that my taste buds are evolving to a clean eating lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment