Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Frozen meal challenge - fish

Today's meal was 290 calories of awkwardness. Microwaved fish is just gross. If this wasn't an incentive to drop the seafood from my diet I don't know what is. The pasta portion was okay but I'm so over pasta. Here's the thing, when the majority of your diet has a veggie base, pasta is the bulk of what you'll find when you buy mainstream (i.e. Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, etc.) If I can stomach frozen meals after this, I may have to branch out into Amy's and other healthier lines. I won't go into detail, so here's the link to the Lean Cuisine site: Parmesan Crusted Fish Final judgment: I will not buy again.I tried the fish and thought that by mixing it up with the pasta it would unleash the deliciousness of it all - NOT!
What you see on the iTouch is a free Starz series I downloaded last night. It's free this week, folks. Check it out! I love the freebies on iTunes. Sometimes you wind up with cool music, videos, etc. Oh, don't ask me about the show. My sistafriend swung by the media center and we gabbed during my entire lunch break.

Moving on, and it's weird that I'm logging my meals randomly, but I seem to be thinking as such today, so here's breakfast. I awoke craving cheesy eggs. Okay, actually, I came home from work last night craving cheese and eggs. So this morning I scrambled up two eggs, a la microwave, added a slice of cheese and slapped it between two slicees of Arnold Sandwich Thins. Please buy these 100 calorie treats. The bread is soft, tasty and works with anything - veggie burgers, eggs and honey even slaps his sandwich meat between these little slices of heaven. It shocked me a bit because he requested that I buy it again when I went grocery shopping this past Sunday. Can you hear the Scooby Doo "uh!?" I added a side of grapes and I was a happy camper.
Let's tackle dinner. I borrowed this recipe from Healthy Tipping Point. Caitlin has blogged about these enough times to get me to try it. It's an artichoke/sun dried tomato/grilled cheese sandwich. I love everything except for the tomatoes. You win some, you lose some. But big ups to Caitlin for expanding my repertoire. I think I ate too much bread today. I've yet to blast my calories limit but I cannot remember the last time I had bread at every meal. Time will tell. Honey will be home soon and then it will be time to go insane.

KEEP PUSHING PLAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment