Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Insanity Day 1 - Fit Test

The Fit Test is supposed to be done every two weeks to gauge progress. I must warn you, if you decide to do Insanity, you will find out that the calendar follows a Monday start date. I wanted to begin immediately and couldn't see myself waiting until Monday. Waiting until Monday would only cause me to pig out and not take care of myself. Here are my results for day 1.
  1. Switch kicks: 64
  2. Power jacks: 32
  3. Power knees: 70 (kicking left knee)
  4. Power jumps: 20
  5. Globe jumps: 8
  6. Suicide jumps: 8
  7. Push-up jacks: 10
  8. Low plank oblique: 29
According to my Mio heart rate monitor watch I burned 206 calories in 27:16 minutes. The fit test includes a warm up, the 8 exercises above done as many times as possible within 1 minutes and a cool down. I think 206 calories is pretty darn good. I can't wait to see what my Mio tells me after tomorrow's workout.

Tonight is the last night that I will do Insanity at night. Here's my plan:
  • Wake up around 5:30, have a protein shake and go INSANE
  • Get ready for work
  • Breakfast
  • Proceed with my day as usual
  • Treadmill/abs evenings
Like I said, it's a plan. Let's see if I can really get it done. :)

Measurements (in inches):
  • Chest: 42
  • Waist: 38
  • Hips: 47.1 Hey, I'm a black girl with a big ba-donk-ka-donk
  • Thighs: 27
  • Calf: 15.6
  • Upper arm: 14
Power through!

No comments:

Post a Comment