Sunday, February 21, 2010

Let's go shopping












I went to Sam's today to buy the fruit and veggies for my detox. Why is eating healthy so expensive? I swear it's a conspiracy to keep Americans chunky monkeys. :)

Here's what I'll enjoy for the first few days:
  • pineapple
  • grapes
  • mandarin oranges (cuties) it's almost sinful how candy-like these things are and at only 35 calories each, impossible to love.
  • blackberries
  • bananas
  • strawberries
I just noticed that I never mentioned why my blog is titled Dominican Insanity. I am not Dominican but my family (my 1st cousin and our moms) and I are headed to the Dominican in July. I haven't donned a swimsuit in years. I don't even own a swimsuit but plan on strutting my stuff with confidence when we hit the beach. Consider me the 30-something Stella who's trying to get her groove back.

I've included pictures of my food prep. I'm actually looking forward to this detox. I think it will be a yummy experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment